1. Intellectual Property Complaints
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works are infringed, a comprehensive list of such infringed works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give notice of a claim of Intellectual Property infringement to our users by means of a general notice on the website, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by speed post to the user’s address in our records.
2. Take Down Policy
The following ‘Takedown’ procedure will then be invoked pursuant to the notice:
- AuthorCafe will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint, possibly taking legal advice.
- The material will be temporarily removed from AuthorCafe, pending an agreed solution.
- AuthorCafe will contact the person who has submitted the alleged infringing content. The contributor of the content will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what allegations, and will be called upon to participate in the process of addressing the concerned complaint until closure.
- The complainant and the content contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material will be returned to AuthorCafe unchanged.
- The material will be returned to AuthorCafe with appropriate changes.
- The material will be permanently removed from AuthorCafe
- If the content contributor and the complainant are unable to agree to a solution, the material will remain unavailable through AuthorCafe until a time when a resolution has been reached.
- AuthorCafe may, within its sole discretion, terminate authorization of users to its website who are repeated infringers.