II. Type of Information
AuthorCafe may collect information including but not limited to your age, gender, first and last name, birth date, title, zip code/pin code, occupation, industry, demographical information, company or any other physical address, contact number, email or other contact information and other relevant data about your use of our services. You will also be asked to create a user name and password that will enable you to access your personal account. To confirm your identity, certain steps of verification may be put in place. It is your sole responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and account information. AuthorCafe cannot be liable for any damage occurring as a consequence of negligence on the part of the user
III. Use of Information
As applicable, the information collected by AuthorCafe shall be used for following purposes:
- to deliver, improve and personalise our services to you in accordance with your preferences;
- administer your account(s);
- send you service related communications;
- respond to your requests and feedback;
- contact you about a submission you may have made;
- analyse and/or improve our services;
- personalise the way the websites maintained by AuthorCafe and its content is presented to you online;
- deliver interest-based advertising based upon your browsing of AuthorCafe and others;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities(including copyright infringement), suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of AuthorCafe’s or any policies thereof or as otherwise required by law;
- filter spam and other inappropriate content from our services;
- block disruptive users and protect the safety of users of our services;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our email suppression list;
- seek your feedback or to contact you in relation to the products and services offered on AuthorCafe;
- send you, from time to time, updates or advertisements;
- anticipate and resolve problems related to AuthorCafe;
- inform you of any changes or updates on AuthorCafe , or to send you additional information about AuthorCafe or our Websites;
- respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; protect and defend the rights or property of websites maintained by AuthorCafe or the users of AuthorCafe;
- in case of merger or acquisition with another company or entity, transfer of information about you to such entity;
- remove, if need be all the personally identifiable information and use the rest for historical, statistical or scientific purposes;
- To use it for any other purpose as deem fit by AuthorCafe.
IV. Disclosure of Information
- AuthorCafe may offer interactive forums such as comments, chat rooms, discussion forums, etc . Any information that is disclosed in these forums becomes public information and you should exercise abundant caution if you decide to disclose your Personal Information in these forums. Any content, whether copyrightable or not, posted by any user or member of AuthorCafe will be public and viewable by all.
- In addition to the basic details required for signing up with AuthorCafe, you may also choose to provide additional details on your personal profile such as your biodata, or social media profiles. These details will not be available for public viewing unless you invite someone to view your profile, or when you want AuthorCafe to make it public . This information may be used by AuthorCafe to bring to your notice content that is relevant to the details you provide.
- As part of the features of AuthorCafe, you could share data with another individual or a group of individuals by providing access to your ‘projects in AuthorCafe’. This will allow such individuals access to your work and the ability to contribute to, and modify the same. You will be solely responsible for this disclosure of your information and its consequences. AuthorCafe will not be liable for any liability legal or financial due to adverse result of such sharing.
V. Ownership of Data
You shall have all ownership rights in any content, data, or other such materials you upload or otherwise actively provide on AuthorCafe. However, you also agree to grant AuthorCafe (and our employees, agents, successors and assigns) a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, fully-paid license to use such user content in any manner reasonably necessary for AuthorCafe to operate and provide services in connection with AuthorCafe. AuthorCafe will not sell, share, or rent this user content to others in ways different from those disclosed in this Policy. Further, AuthorCafe shall endeavour that any content, data or other materials that are uploaded on AuthorCafe are not open to search engines and cannot be viewed by the public at large through conducting a search on the Internet.
You authorize AuthorCafe / www.authorcafe.com to exchange, share, part with all information (Personal and Non Personal), across borders and from your country and jurisdiction to any other countries and jurisdictions across the world, with any agent, third party, or any service provider as may be required by law, customary practice, statistical analysis and verification or risk management, regular maintenance and functioning of AuthorCafe and shall not hold AuthorCafe liable for use, storage or disclosure of this information.
VII. Links to Third Party Websites
- Links to third party websites on AuthorCafe might be provided solely as a convenience measure. If these links are used, you will leave AuthorCafe . AuthorCafe has not reviewed all of these third party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. Thus AuthorCafe do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials or advice found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them.
- Any access of the third party sites linked to AuthorCafe is done entirely at the own risk. It is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at such third party websites to confirm that you understand and agree with them.
- It must also be noted by the user that before using the websites or the name AuthorCafe on any other page, site, index, reference or display of information relating to AuthorCafe proper accreditation and prior permission must be taken from AuthorCafe failing to do so shall be considered a violation and may attract legal actions.
IX. Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of every minor is especially important to AuthorCafe. AuthorCafe is not structured to attract minor children less than eighteen (18) years. Accordingly, AuthorCafe do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone AuthorCafe knows to be under 18 years. If you are aged under 18, AuthorCafe requests that you do not provide AuthorCafe with information relating to you or to others. Please seek the guidance of your parent or guardian before using AuthorCafe’s services. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who is aged under 18 and you become aware that your child has provided AuthorCafe with information without your consent, please contact AuthorCafe at email@example.com.
X. Updates and Changes
AuthorCafe reserves the right, at any time, to add to, change, update or modify this Policy without any notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on AuthorCafe. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.
AuthorCafe takes reasonable precautions to maintain the protection of personally identifiable information collected and used in consonance with our Privacy Statement. In addition to technical safeguards, AuthorCafe also uses physical controls and procedures to safeguard your personally identifiable information. However, AuthorCafe cannot guarantee that it is completely secure from people who might attempt to evade our security measures or intercept transmissions over the Internet.
If you have any queries about our Internet Privacy Statement or other aspects of privacy on AuthorCafe, please contact AuthorCafe at firstname.lastname@example.org.